Building AI-powered applications for grocery retailers
eGrocery expert, Sylvain Perrier, demos two AI applications built for grocery retailers’ online platforms. He also provides recommendations for retailers looking to test their own.
This week, Sylvain demos two prototype applications he built using an AI framework backed onto OpenAI’s ChatGPT. The first AI application, Meal Ideas, allows potential shoppers to input their dietary requirements such as calorie intake, allergies, or diet restrictions and develop a weekly meal plan based on them. With the second AI application, Recipe Maker, users can input ingredients in their pantries and receive a complete recipe back.
For grocery retailers looking to test similar AI applications for their online platforms, Sylvain provides a few recommendations:
- Set a time duration to pilot the AI application,
- Establish your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure success,
- Update your privacy policies and keep customers informed,
- Learn more about your chosen AI engine,
- Set a plan for how you will manage your metadata models and extend your applications,
- Create a small internal team to manage the AI application