Between2Beards: Labor shortages, Inmar’s latest acquisition and Instacart dissatisfaction
While on the road on the west coast, hosts Sylvain and Mark give you their thoughts on labor shortages, Inmar’s latest acquisition and Instacart dissatisfaction.
Sylvain and Mark wrap up their 3 week West coast tour. After finishing up at NGA and Groceryshop, they made their way to Palm Springs, Los Angeles, Riverside California, and the San Francisco Airport Marriott where this episode was recorded. Our hosts touch on a few timely topics including:
- The extremely tight labor market, the competition for talent and the upstream impact on critical components of the supply chain and the downstream impact on grocers’ ability to staff stores
- Raley’s acquisition of Basha’s and the interesting blend of company cultures
- Inmar’s acquisition of Aki Technologies and the rise of in-the-moment consumer targeting
- Barclays follow-up report, Dissecting the Instacart Hangover, uncovers declining consumer satisfaction and loyalty to Instacart as delivery provider competition heats up grocers improve their first party channel experiences
- Instacart’s CRO jumps ship and joins Walmart and what this could mean to regional grocers
Check out full-length EPISODES and SUBSCRIBE for notifications on upcoming shows!